Thursday, March 31, 2011

NOTD March 31/11

I walked into the teeny little nail polish section of the teeny little drugstore by my house the other day to see what was new there (spoiler: usually, it's nothing...). But this day, a gorgeous shade sat on the shelf, calling it's siren song out to me!



Nicole by OPI in Nicole's Nickel!

I couldn't stop thinking about it for the next couple days, so today I went in and bought it - boy am I glad I did! Such a gorgeous and unique colour... it's a semi-sheer black base with lots of silver glitter of varying sizes. One coat looked great, but I'm a little OCD about at least two coats of nail polish... it doesn't feel right otherwise. I dried quick and looks sooo awesome... well here, take a look:





(click to enlarge and get the full effect!)

Awesome, right? I haven't really seen any shades quite like this, so it totally caught my eye. No comment yet on longevity since it's only been on my nails for a few hours, but I have high hopes... I didn't have to do a lot of coats so it won't be thick and just chunk off, and glitters in general seem to last on my nails.

I also saw several shades of that new Revlon scented nail polish that looked great swatched - the scented part, I could take or leave, but I'll buy it for the colours! Although the blueberry one did look great AND smell good...



Update: I've now been wearing this shade for a few days, and it's wearing decently. There is some chipping at the tips, but a bonus is that this is one of those kinds of shades that is easy to fill it at the tips seamlessly, since it's a glitter. And I do spend a lot of time at work and at home typing, which is hard on the tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***