Thursday, June 02, 2011

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Hellllooo lovelies!

Yesterday I was in a shoppy kind of mood... and I'm also getting to the bottom of my remaining foundation bottles, none of which were exactly the right shade. I was watching a few videos on YouTube about finding the right shade of drugstore foundation (the only kind my sad little budget can muster!) and some reviews... and it got me so rarin' to go that I hopped on the bus and went straight to Shopper's Drug Market on a moment's notice!

My mission was to check out Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation (full title in the title... I'm not typing that all over again! :p). It sounded right for what I was looking for - long lasting, doesn't cause/exacerbate oiliness (my skin isn't too oily but the wrong foundation can sure make it seem like it is!) and a medium-full coverage with a semi-matte finish.

Well I got it in shade 200 Soft Beige and I can pretty much tick off all of those boxes! I'd say the coverage is medium-full with a satin-matte finish... not totally thick and matte, but thick enough that it covers most of my redness (which I get on and around my nose, and on my chin). I prefer foundations that lean more towards matte to get that flawless finish - then I can always add highlighter on the cheekbones and browbones to get a bit of "targeted" luminosity and dewiness.



The bottle!



Swatched heavy on the left, blended on the right, with flash.



Swatched heavy on the left, blended on the right, without flash.

Here's a comparison of my cheek without foundation (eek!):



And wearing the foundation:



As you can see, pores are much less visible, the redness around my nose is almost gone, overall smoother and semi-matte finish to the skin!

It's been only around 5 hours since I put it on but so far it still looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on! I think it's gonna be love with this stuff!

Has anyone else tried this foundation? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that eye makeup is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I wish I could do my own that nicely lol. That foundation looks like it's pretty good coverage too, I'll be looking out for some Rimmel sales to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***