Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Hot Pink

I recently felt bold on a browse through Shoppers Drug Mart, and decided to be adventurous and try out a brightly coloured lipgloss! I have one highly pigmented Dior lipgloss that's a bright watermelon type of shade, but I wanted to try out something that was a bright pink but more in the fuchsia family. This lipgloss definitely fits the bill!

It's a medium toned bright pink, with definite purple undertones and subtle silvery shimmer. It's very pigmented, so the texture is kind of like if you pureed a bullet of lipstick, added a teeny bit of gloss to it, and put it on your lips! It has a kind of grainy feel as opposed to being slick or gloopy or sticky. Because of this, it has more grip and it stays on your lips much longer than any other gloss, but doesn't have that "glossy" feel or as glossy of a look. But you can always top it with clear gloss to get that patent-look finish!

The packaging is really nice, I think especially for a drugstore item.

























 Here's a swatch of it on the back of my hand.

 And on my lips! Picture taken outside in fairly overcast conditions, no flash. This isn't a ton of it on, it had faded down to almost a stain and I did a light reapplication about 10 minutes before this picture was taken. And I habitually press and rub my lips together, especially when I have gloss or lipstick on, so consider this being after about 30+ minutes of wear for a normal person! LOL...



Overall, I would give this product a 5/5! The longevity is great - and even when it wears off your lips a bit it still leaves a nice stain so you get some of the effect of the colour. There is a nice range of colours and the texture is great, somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick.

Definitely recommend you try it, in this colour or in one of the others! If you already have, let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. niceeee review!!!
    the packaging is sleek!
    love the pigmentation for a gloss, great swatch here(:

    <3 Bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty pink color...thanx for review and swatches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty color, I might try it out when I go abroad. Revlon is not sold in here. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***