Friday, April 20, 2012

A nail polish survey!

 So I'm the kind of losery-loser who actually Googles "nail polish survey" to find something to do. No, I didn't stumble across this on a blog - I actually sought it out! LOL But here we are, I had fun filling this out!! Hope you enjoy reading!

How many polishes do you have in your stash?
Last time I counted it was at juuust under 99 (including 2-way nail art polishes) so I can safely say by now I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 115-125.

Which brand do you own the most of?
I would guess probably Sally Hansen, especially since they have so many different lines of polishes!

What colors do you own the most of?
Pinks and blues.

Do you have a color/texture you do not own?
Holographic! I don't own a single one even though they're so trendy!

What's the one polish you always pick up to lift your spirits?
Something sparkly, I really like to top almost anything with LA Girl Glitter Addict in Explosion - big silver hex glitter with small speck silver glitter.

What polish do you keep looking at and wondering why you haven't gotten rid of it yet?
There's a couple, mostly ones that were all thick and gummy and almost empty, to the point where even if I fixed them with thinner I can barely get the brush to touch the polish, and then I buy a new bottle of the same shade but still don't throw out the old bottle. Sad to say this is the case for a few shades! Finally ditched one the other day but it was only a start...

Franken any? or I'm nervous to try it?
Not yet... I guess it sounds intriquing but I'm not yet bored enough with the polishes I have to try to create new ones!

Do you franken for new/original polish ideas or franken for polish you won't be able to own?
If I did franken I would probably try to create new shades - I might try to recreate a HTF if some really obvious mix popped out at me though.

Go-to Base Coat?
Sally Hansen one... Insta-something LOL I don't look at it that closely! It's in a clear bottle with a red cap.

Go-to Top Coat?
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Topcoat. I've never used Seche but from what I've read about it, it sounds exactly like this stuff but the SH is cheaper.

What's your sexiest polish?
Hmmm I don't know really!! I think my personal definition of sexy is a little different... I don't know if I would pick any of my polishes off the top of my head but when I think of "sexy" polish I think of a bright (but not neon) pinkish-coral shade contrasting tanned skin, I love the look of that. So, yeah! :p

Nail Design:

Stamping vs Free Hand?
Free hand! At one time I badly wanted to get a Konad kit but as time has worn on I'm kind of glad I didn't, I prefer the freedom of creativity you have with freehand art and the satisfaction you get from executing a design well and seeing your skills improve over time!

Bling me, baby? or No bling for me, please!
Bling is fun!! I've got some rhinestones and plenty of glitter polishes! Next to creme, glitter is my favourite polish finish!

I consider my nails basically nekkid if they don' t have some kind of design?
Most of the time! LOL Yesterday was the first day I'd worn a solid nail colour in probably about 9 months! I think I want to get into the habit more often though... I'd like to rotate nail art and plain polish, since I do have so many lovely shades that should get to shine on their own!

My favorite plate/tool/technique?
My favourite technique would have to be glitter gradients, leopard (FYI - I based my most recent incarnations of freehand leopard print on what the Konad leopard print looks like! It's so easy, try it!!) and sponge gradients. I'm not interested in water marbling personally!

What I haven't tried and want to within the month?
Oooh good one!! I make no promises about how soon I will actually try these but I have aspirations for tape nail art - I did actually try it once, disaaaster! I learned to let a day pass between polishes just to be on the safe side!

Purchase/Lemmings:

The one elusive polish you want and can't seem to get?
GOSH Holographic - I guess I figure if I'm gonna try the trend I want to start with the original! But goood luck! LOL

What was the last nail related thing you bought?
I bought a new bottle of top coat today.

How many nail related hauls have you bought in the last 7 days (on-line/in-person)?
Just that one actually!

If you've ever been on a no-buy, how long did it last? Is that what you planned?
LOLwut? (read: nope!)

(and one question to grow on) Hobby? Addiction? Compulsion? Passing Fancy? Love?
Hobby for sure, addiction aaalmost (I can sometimes restrain myself quite well). Love, yes!! It's lovely to have something that's a creative outlet for me that I can carry with me everywhere and share with everyone I meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***