Saturday, August 18, 2012

FOTD Aug 18/12 - flash of yellow

Continuing in my efforts to work some more bold colours (or just colours) into my eye makeup, I went crazy and reached for the shimmery yellow! I didn't even plan this, but luckily I had a secret weapon... if you haven't gotten August's issue of Allure yet, get it now! There is a page where they show the new Sephora + Pantone palette that has 35 extremely varied colours of eyeshadow. They have a suggestion for how to wear every single shade, and some are things you might not think of yourself, especially whilst on the spot trying to get ready. You may not have that palette (I don't) but if you have most of those shades in your collection, it's a valuable page to have! I ripped it out and I'm keeping it in my bathroom with my makeup!

From that page, I got the idea to use the bright yellow as a line along the upper lashline!




The camera actually picked up the yellow quite strongly, which is great for photo purposes - in real life it wasn't as bright and stark as that. I used just a light shimmery nude on the inner half of the lids, a medium brown on the outer half of the lids and in the crease, and a darker brown in the outer corner. Then a little smudge of brown liner on the outer corners of the lashline (top and bottom). Wanted to keep it simple so it didn't compete too much with the yellow! I'm wearing NYX Indian Pink lipstick with a bit of sheer gloss on top as well. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a yellow fan but it does actually look GREAT. Suits you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I admit yellow isn't an easy colour to wear but it is workable! I think it's the most "neutral" of bright colours, so to speak!

      Delete
  2. Nice eye makeup, I like the flash of yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***