Thursday, August 09, 2012

NOTD Aug 9/12 - orange leopard and gold

Orange is a colour I realize I just don't use enough in my nail art. It's just one of those colours I find hard to feature in a design for some reason... but that shouldn't mean my poor orange polishes sit lonely and unused! I love leopard print and it's a really versatile bit of nail art, so therefore a great way to include some bright sunny orange! And perfect timing too.. I painted these yesterday when we had been sitting through a couple days of rain, gloom and even a huge thunderstorm. But today the sun is back and bright!


























First I painted all my nails white with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, then I used an orange nail art pen to draw on the leopard print. I painted my ring fingers with a few coats of LA Girl Glitter Addict in Synergy for an accent!

8 comments:

  1. It's a super contrast, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Orange can be such an under-loved colour!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was perfectly summer-fun too! :)

      Delete
  3. I love orange! :) It's not a popular colour in my closet but it's definitely a summer staple for nails. You pulled it off perfectly here. The gold glitter is both the perfect accent and a great complement to the orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The gold did make it pop even more I think! :)

      Delete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***