Monday, January 07, 2013

NOTD Jan 7/12 - glitter space

This could be termed the lazy woman's galaxy manicure as well! I just wanted to test out the new polish I picked up at Shoppers Drug Mart, Essence Chic Reloaded. In the bottle it is dark shimmery reddish purple with a little bit of greenish duochrome. The green doesn't translate onto the nail from what I can see, but the reddish-purple looks so cool on the nails I'm not even mad! It's shimmery but dark enough to be kind of vampy, but it doesn't stray into that so dark you need a spotlight on it to tell whether it's black or not kind of territory.

But I can never seem to leave well enough alone, so I had to add something - glitter! I used Wet n' Wild Kaleidoscope, which looks like a dark silver glitter but on the nails a lot of the pieces flash rainbow colours, and it's all various sizes of smaller glitter. These were hard to stop staring at!







In other news, I wanted to share the happy announcement that I will shortly be starting a new job! I took a course in the fall to qualify for my level 1 insurance broker/adjuster's license, and I just got a job at a brokerage! The start of a new job is always exciting, and the start of a new career is even moreso! :D

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure about the formula at first but once the second coat got on, loved it!

      Delete
  2. Pretty combo! It really does look like a galaxy :)
    Congratulations on the new job as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. your nails always look fantastic! i absolutely loooovve your blog! i totally have to go and pick up this essence shade at shoppers! its so awesome to see *Canadian* products being reviewed and are things *i can actually get* i always look forward to seeing a new post from you and can never resist going back to check out my fave previous designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is such a sweet comment, thank you so much! It really does mean a lot!! Everything I feature on my blog is stuff I buy, and I like to buy a bunch of stuff but drugstore is almost always the price point I'm comfortable paying for!! So that's gonna be a lot more of what you'll keep seeing! :D Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thank you for comments, I love to read them and they make my day!
***Please don't leave links or requests for follows in the comments section! I follow blogs because I want to, not because I'm asked to, and also I do not use Blogger to follow, I use Bloglovin'! So I may already be following you through that service!***